Website Ames Taping Tools
Leading provider of automatic taping and finishing (ATF) tools
Summary: Effectively assist the manager in growing revenues and profitability of an Ames Tools store, complying with company policies and procedures. Accomplish any tasks deemed necessary to achieve these goals as directed by the Regional Manager and or store manager. Also, to assist the regional manager in store coverage needs as they arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assisting in the overall operation of an Ames company retail store.
• Open & close store when store manager is absent.
• Merchandising products and organizing showroom & rear warehouse for safe & effective material handling.
• Reporting inventory discrepancies or customer issues to store manager
• Assist with store coverage of other store locations in the region as necessary
• Maintaining positive business relationships with existing Ames customers and cultivating new business opportunities with Interior Finishing Contractors in assigned selling area.
• Generate revenue growth through effective marketing of the Ames line of automatic taping tools, parts & equipment as well as promotion of add-on sales with merchandise assortment.
• Daily functions may include: greeting customers, processing rental & sales transactions, customer service, order processing, merchandising, inventory & tool audits, collections, housekeeping, data base development, cash handling/bank deposits & loss prevention.
• Additional functions may include: boxing & shipping tools to repair center & receiving tool & merchandise shipments into inventory.
• Collaboration with Field Specialist personnel to identify training lead prospects for enhanced revenue generation.
• Basic demonstration & effective presentation of Ames tools & products
• Execution of Ames sales & marketing programs Maintenance of rental tools & contractor equipment
• Assist with planning & execution of open house customer events
• Assist with maintenance of organized files, bank deposit receipts & accurate record keeping Complete competitive shops as necessary
• Collection duties as assigned.
• Submittal of quality tags, expense reports & prototype tool testing questionnaires in a timely manner
• Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years related experience.
Competencies: Experienced store operations Associate with outstanding skills is customer service, tool product knowledge, understanding of and ability to sell importance of service in the tool rental equation, inventory control experience, problem solving skills (both technical & financial) , good communications skills and ability to build relationships with repeat customers.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must have valid driver’s license. In some stores will need to be able to pass the forklift Certification after hired.
Other skills and abilities: Some computer skills required
Other Qualifications: Prefer Bilingual Spanish/English
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
Help us be better and enter for a chance to win a Series 6 Apple Watch!