Project ManagerOctober 30, 2023
Associate Project EngineerNovember 1, 2023
Website Nevell Group, Inc.
We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is responsible for a variety of day-to-day tasks related to the successful operation of the Estimating department. Projects and controls construction costs by collecting and studying information. Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying requests for proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements. Successful candidate will be able to exercise discretion and mature judgment to respond to issues and recommend best practices throughout bid process.
· Read and interpret understand plans, applying high degree of reasoning to prepare bids and takeoffs.
· Read and interpret specifications and apply to pricing effort.
· Maintain high level of knowledge of our scopes of work.
· Maintain high level knowledge of OST & QB programs.
· Estimate a variety of projects simultaneously.
· Apply high level understanding of appropriate production rates based on specific project conditions.
· Consistently meet bid deadlines.
· High level understanding of necessary qualifications and exclusions in any bid proposal.
· Apply our company approach, values and priorities to resolve and address a variety of issues.
· Utilize broad knowledge of all materials and systems related to the scopes of work we cover.
· Disciplined in proofing own work product and minimizes mistakes.
· Evaluate subcontractor proposals and scopes of work.
· Monitor progress of awarded projects during construction until complete.
· Other duties as assigned.
*Because the needs of the company are constantly evolving, the above list is not exhaustive and is subject to revision to meet changing priorities.
3+ years of industry experience as an estimator preferred.
Experience with On-Screen Take-Off & Quick Bid estimating software.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Proficient knowledge of Metal Studs, Drywall, Taping, Lath & Plasters, EIFS, Paint/Wallcoverings, and ACT.
Proficient knowledge of bid process.
Proficient knowledge of industry specific regulations.
Ability to review contracts for scope and bid amount accuracies as well as qualifications.
Work in fast paced/noisy work environment.
Demonstrate above average interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Ability to establish processes where no precedent or guidelines exist.
Understands deadlines and demonstrates mastery in self-discipline to stay on task.
Strong customer relations skills.
MS Office Suite, Blue Beam, Quick Bid/On Screen Takeoff
To apply for this job please visit www.nevellgroup.com.