Direct Marketing ManagerNovember 8, 2023
Field Service TechnicianNovember 9, 2023
Website GCP Applied Technologies
We create, innovate and install better construction products
With safety as the top priority, the incumbent will be responsible for the VERIFI equipment suite including installation, maintenance and repair. Candidate will perform troubleshooting services to aid customers in resolving issues and help them achieve maximum potential from our solutions. The technician will be the primary VERIFI representative at the concrete manufacturing plant. They will install and maintain Verifi concrete management systems installed on customer mixer trucks and admixture dispensing systems as needed.
The VERIFI Field Service Technician will be required to interface regularly with plant management, batch plant operators, concrete mixer truck drivers, and truck maintenance management and mechanics. Based at home, the candidate will spend approximately 80% of their time as the only VERIFI employee at the customer sites, thereby requiring candidate to work independently. Schedule flexibility is required. Field visits may be scheduled late at night and/or very early in the morning.
The ideal candidate will be located in Vegas, NV area and able / willing to travel the entire state.
· Installation, Maintenance and Repair
· The technical work pertaining to Verifi includes, but is not limited to review and analysis of system performance reports to determine problem areas and develop resolutions. Coordinate problem resolution with other employees as needed always serving as the local liaison and first line of contact to the customer.
· The technical work will include installation, preventive and scheduled maintenance, calibration, and emergency and service repair.
· The technical work pertaining to admixture dispensing equipment includes, but is not limited to installation, preventive and scheduled maintenance, calibration, and emergency and service repair.
· Assist Field Sales Representatives in the winning and maintenance of customer contracts through building and maintaining professional relationships with customers.
· Must have sound judgment, excellent communication skills, and the ability to represent the company with customers in a professional manner.
· Understand the impact of customer satisfaction to achieve corporate goals.
Planning & Scheduling of Dispenser Service work
· The technician is self-dispatched. This requires an independent self- starter, self- directed person who possesses the ability to diagnose and determine requirements, plan and schedule daily, weekly and monthly events in accordance with the needs of the company and the customer.
· In this role the candidate will interact directly with internal as well as external customers on a daily basis, and as such must possess competencies such organizational skills, planning skills, customer orientation and project management skills. The technician is responsible for managing their ‘response time’ consistent with customer expectations or agreement.
· Must be on continuous call to respond to customer requests for assistance; diagnoses and solves technical problems, providing on-site assistance to customer locations for proper application of our equipment/products.
Equipment Service Administration
· The service administration component requires a candidate to be proficient with computers in order to execute activities that include but are not limited to:
· Equipment ordering, Warehouse part re-stocking, Expense reports, Service Management System compliance, Preventative Maintenance, calibration scheduling and compliance, Actively control expenses and demonstrate stewardship of company resources, Maintain real time participation CRM reporting systems, Track time, parts and incidental costs associated with each customer site and each customer truck.
· Complete all safety training and on-line training modules; Observe all necessary safety procedures, both those of GCP/Verifi and those of host companies.
· Develop a solid understanding of concrete and the concrete industry, most importantly the operations of a concrete plant.
· Recommend modifications and product changes to improve reliability of equipment; work with the R&D team providing input to new system designs or researching/testing concept of operation of new parts and providing input to improve reliability and performance of the solution and its components.
· Possess a broad array of knowledge including computer systems configuration, mechanical systems, pneumatic systems, 12/24 volt DC electrical systems, and hydraulic system principals.
· Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with both colleagues and customers
· Organized and detail oriented, particularly with regard to maintaining records
· Hands on Electro-Mechanical aptitude
· Experience with hand tools, power tools, meters, gauges
· Experience in field service type work
· Working knowledge of the Ready Mix Concrete industry a plus
· High School Diploma required;
· Equivalent Military or other mechanical / engineering training
· Able to lift 50 pounds;
· Able to wear a respirator and comply with GCP’s facial hair policy for respirator users
· Able to comply with DOT requirements for a Non CDL commercial motor vehicle driver medical certification exam; drug screen, background check (safety performance and driving record).
· Flexible work hours, overnight travel
· Ability to respond to short notice project work and emergency service calls
· Associates degree
To apply for this job please visit gcpat.com.