· MKB Construction, Inc. seeks a dynamic, energetic and organized ViCon Engineer to join our team and build a long-term career at one of the most innovative and growth-oriented building companies in the Southwest.
The ViCon Engineer will be responsible for technical support to the Project Team in performing the total scope of services on an assigned project.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop & maintain a positive and effective working relationship with Owners, Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors, Governmental Agencies, Suppliers and other MKB employees.
· Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
· Assist Project Managers, Estimators, and leadership with the ability to convert current building specifications into 3D models assisting with identifying design change challenges early in the process.
· Assist project team in reviewing plans and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications, codes and standards.
· Prepare all required 3D models and supplemental electronic files to be used by the project team.
· Maintain model/drawing log.
· Implement and maintain the use of FTP or Portal for job specific activities.
· Acquire a thorough knowledge of the contract documents, plans, specifications, BIM exhibits and subcontract
· Maintain a complete and current coordinated model of specified projects and assist the job teams with utilizing the models.
· Perform specific technical and administrative duties as directed by the BIM Manager/Project Manager to facilitate the project.
· Provide 3D Coordination/BIM support to MEP project teams.
· Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program utilizing the 3D models.
· Establish and manage procedures providing an orderly and systematic process for handling problems and information requests generated through the course of construction. Said system should have a status and/or control mechanism for monitoring effectiveness.
· Prepare and run weekly systems coordination meetings.
· Review GC/architect models to ensure the proper systems are being shown. Flag and review major areas of concern with BIM Manager/Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
· Prepare and process sign off documentation for 3D systems coordination.
· Fully understand the scope of all subcontracts involved with 3D coordination.
· Participate in process improvement on assigned projects (LEAN).
· Assist in developing a process on how best to utilize BIM, including providing best practices, lessons-learned and assisting in pre-qualifying subcontractors for projects.
· Work with trade partners to compile all necessary documentation for 3D Coordination.
· Assist with project teams with digital document control.
· Ensure all submittal, RFI’s and change orders are in accordance with the contract documents and accurately reflected in the 3D coordination model.
· Participate in training of site personnel with regards to the use of 3D models.
· Provide management team with periodic updates of new software, hardware and techniques.
· Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, plus five years’ experience with integrating applications
Knowledge and Skills
· Strong understanding of design/construction concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Capability of distributing, managing, and monitoring progress of multiple project related tasks.
· Strong technical skills, ability to work with people, and the ability to handle large amounts of information.
· Strong verbal, graphic and spatial communication ability.
· Firm knowledge base with computers and software applications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help us be better and enter for a chance to win a Series 6 Apple Watch!