We've been building great things for over 130 Years!
Job Description Summary:
Overall planning and management of estimating activities for specific construction projects, including preparation, interpretation and presentation of estimates.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Able to perform all Estimator responsibilities
• Review project plans, requirements and specifications
• Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
• Coordinate subcontract solicitations and job walks
• Determine labor and construction equipment costs
• Prepare conceptual estimates
• Meet and maintain bidding and work schedules
• Submit requisitions for purchase of materials
• Compare competitive trade bids
• Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with Project Manager
• Secure all bid documents (bid forms and quote letters)
• Prepare subcontractor bid list and submit drawings to subcontractors
• Participate in bid compilation on bid day
• Assist jobsite staff with estimates after bid award
• Perform post-bid buyouts (if applicable)
• Maintain good relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
• Supervise and train estimating staff (if applicable)
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5 years Estimating experience
• Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
• Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations
• Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
• Estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, purchasing accounting; engineering design knowledge and project management experience desirable)
• Drafting and computer skills
To apply for this job please visit swinerton.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
Help us be better and enter for a chance to win a Series 6 Apple Watch!