Project Engineer InternAugust 11, 2023
Senior Marketing Proposal CoordinatorAugust 11, 2023
Join Our Team!
Job Description Summary:
Overall planning and management of estimating activities for specific construction projects, including preparation, interpretation and presentation of estimates.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Able to perform all Estimator responsibilities
• Review project plans, requirements and specifications
• Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
• Coordinate subcontract solicitations and job walks
• Determine labor and construction equipment costs
• Prepare conceptual estimates
• Meet and maintain bidding and work schedules
• Submit requisitions for purchase of materials
• Compare competitive trade bids
• Review preliminary quotes and pre-bid estimates with Project Manager
• Secure all bid documents (bid forms and quote letters)
• Prepare subcontractor bid list and submit drawings to subcontractors
• Participate in bid compilation on bid day
• Assist jobsite staff with estimates after bid award
• Perform post-bid buyouts (if applicable)
• Maintain good relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
• Supervise and train estimating staff (if applicable)
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5 years Drywall Estimating experience
• Ability to read and understand specifications and drawings
• Ability to make accurate judgments and calculations
• Working knowledge of construction costs and principles
• Estimating experience (quantity takeoffs, purchasing accounting; engineering design knowledge and project management experience desirable)
• Drafting and computer skills
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS:
This role is eligible for the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company matching, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), individual stock ownership, paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, bereavement leave, employee assistance program, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, basic term life insurance and AD&D, business travel accident insurance, short and long term disability, financial wellness coaching, educational assistance, Care.com membership, ClassPass fitness membership, and DashPass delivery membership. Voluntary benefits include additional term life insurance, long term care insurance, critical illness and accidental injury insurance, pet insurance, legal plan, identity theft protection, and other voluntary benefit options.
Compensation is based on geographical market data and an individual’s overall job-related experience, knowledge, skills, education as applicable to the role and performance.
To apply for this job please visit swinerton.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.