Website Sunbelt Rentals
Join our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer’s first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals–the fastest growing rental business in North America–is seeking a HR Generalist. As an HR Generalist, you will with some direction from Regional Human Resources Manager, be responsible for planning, organizing and directing various human resources functions including but not limited to internal communications, training compliance, recommendation of human resources policy and application of employment law as it relates to individual and company objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communicate company policies and procedures to employees and managers, such as vacation, sick leave, jury duty, on-call compensation, benefits, overtime etc.
• Participation in answering HR Hotline calls and on LiveChat.
• Administers Unemployment Insurance for assigned states including initial response and all additional communications.
• Perform employee relations intake (escalate as needed).
• Assist Regional HR Manager with investigations.
• Draft employee relations related responses.
• Draft Letters of Offer and Employment Agreements.
• Participate in continuous improvement of department and HR related processes.
• Draft Employee correspondence (no call; no show letters; overpayment recovery, etc.).
• Assist Regional HR Managers on employee issues in compliance with policy and procedure and ensure compliance with federal, state and local law.
• Assist managers on the interpretation of company policies and how to handle and document employee situations; prepare related documentation as needed.
• Conduct the initial review of job site contracts for HR implications and compliance; obtain consent forms as needed; ensure qualification of employees for each site and maintain appropriate records.
Remains current on new laws and regulations and recommends appropriate actions and policy or procedural updates when necessary.
• Respond to wage requests.
• Assist as needed with Business Development activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or related experience. PHR/SHRM-CP preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years exempt level Human Resource experience; or demonstrated performance as a Regional HR Coordinator at Sunbelt for a minimum of one year.
• Pays special attention to detail; has excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
To apply for this job please visit sunbelt.jobs.net.
Help us be better and enter for a chance to win a Series 6 Apple Watch!