Website Swinerton Construction
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the bu
Job Description Summary:
Swinerton Renewable Energy (SRE) & SOLV are the largest solar Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services provider in North America. The responsibility of the Control Center Operator Level 1 is to ensure multiple sites compliance with NERC standards to maintain reliability of Bulk Electric System. Responsible for monitoring site and equipment performance of these sites and dispatching technicians to resolve issues on all utility scale solar power plant projects operated and maintained by SOLV across the U.S. This position is team oriented, fast paced and responsible for the coordination and completion of the assigned projects.
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to our business.
If you like working in a fast growing industry in a team oriented environment, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
Maintain situational awareness of all generators within control·
Maintain person-to-person communication at all times between SOLV operated generators and regional entities generators are associated with
Maintain thorough understanding of compliance requirements as set and modified by NERC, Interconnect agreements and Power Purchase agreements
Monitor and communicate generator planned and forced outages and document such activities clearly
Complete and maintain training requirements associated with operation of registered generators
Maintain flexibility in shift assignments due to 24/7 operations
Support operational corrective maintenance activity administratively via ticketing system and track outstanding issues to ensure timely corrective action
Monitor performance of generators through real time and day ahead analytical tools
Complete other responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Active NERC Operator certification, preferred
· Strong working knowledge of medium and high voltage electrical systems
as they relate to utility scale solar plants and DC systems
· Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical explanations
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
· Work within project team, as well as analyze, troubleshoot and prioritize problems independently
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Understand safety principles and safely work on equipment
· Demonstrate computer knowledge with data analysis, modeling and reporting
· Have a proficiency in Word, Excel and SharePoint
· Proficient and knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment
· Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and coordinate
· Fast typing skills; preferred 40+ WAM
· Answer multi-line telephone
· Strong ability to multi-task
* This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
To apply for this job please visit swinerton.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
Help us be better and enter for a chance to win a Series 6 Apple Watch!