Health and Safety CoordinatorSeptember 18, 2023
Construction Management Internship – Southern CaliforniaOctober 30, 2023
Come build your future with us.
Gain practical work experience. Sharpen your skills. Develop and grow your career.
We are now accepting applications for our 2024 Summer Internship program!
What began as one of Southern California’s original lath and plaster companies has grown into one of the wall and ceiling industry’s leading full service, design-assist, specialty finish and theming contractors that continuously receives acclaim for its projects, safety focus, and employee-oriented culture. We started with lath and plaster work. We added drywall. Today, we use some of the most advanced technologies to help model, plan, and design projects throughout the Western U.S.
Come join our team and be mentored by top professionals at The Raymond Group (an award-winning full service, design-assist, specialty finish and theming contractor) while working alongside world-class industry experts in this 10-week structured summer internship program.
The program will expose a participant to various areas of Raymond’s operations allowing an individual to gain tactical, real-world construction experience. Individuals selected for the program will spend time supporting various business units in the company including project management, field operations, estimating, engineering, safety, and accounting.
Individuals selected for the program will work directly with a project team and have a mentor personally assigned who will act as a coach, provide regular constructive feedback, and be available to answer any questions. We provide comprehensive technical and on-the-job training.
The Project Engineer Intern role is a full-time, fully paid, temporary position. This individual will work in both the field as well as the office and gain invaluable experiences by applying the knowledge and skills learned during the program.
- Assist with the execution and support of Raymond projects
- Assist project management in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, safety, and quality standards are met
- Assist in the development and maintenance of construction project schedules
- Participate in project management meetings
- Conduct a contract review
- Participate in process submittals and RFI reviews
- Take part in safety and quality control walks
- Participate in project take-off and/or project close-out
- Create purchase orders and change orders
- Actively pursuing a Construction Management or Engineering degree at an Accredited University (possessing a GPA of 2.5 or higher) OR possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in construction or a related field
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt to multiple and varied responsibilities
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Prior work experience in the field on a commercial construction site preferred
- OSHA 10-hour training or equivalent safety training preferred
- Ability to read blueprints preferred
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
To apply for this job please visit www.raymondgroup.com.